Learn to Draw Landscapes | Instant Access!
Learn how to capture the natural world on paper!
In this video series, artist Paul Richmond breaks down the fundamentals of landscape drawing into 10-minute daily exercises that will help you learn how to draw the elements of nature, capture light, and create depth.
You will be amazed at how much your drawing skills will improve in a short time with focused, daily practice.
- We will begin by doing quick studies of various elements of nature - trees, rocks, clouds, mountains, etc.
- Then we will do several drawings together studying the effects of light.
- And finally, we will bring it all together with a longer drawing exploring the concept of creating depth.
Paul's gentle, lighthearted approach will make learning fun and keep you coming back for more.
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to draw anything by breaking the subject down into simple shapes.
- Use a variety of line weights to add interest to your drawings.
- Slow down and practice really observing the scene.
- Practice techniques for capturing different textures in your work.
- Learn how to identity problem areas in your drawings and fix them.
- Understand how different types of lighting affect the landscape.
- Work with value (lights and darks) to bring your drawings to life.
- Create a sense of depth in your work by identifying the foreground, middleground, and background.
- Learn how to bring atmospheric perspective into your drawings.
- Do quick sketches to loosen up and capture the essence of an environment.
- Make longer drawings that allow you to bring out more details.
- Draw...Draw...and Draw some more!
Students can apply the skills learned in this course to create more drawings of any subject matter and in any style. The sky’s the limit once you learn the basics!
Paul has been teaching students to draw for over twenty years. This class covers the most effective techniques he has discovered for helping artists capture beautiful landscapes on paper. This class is great for beginners and also a refresher for anyone who wants to get back to the basics of drawing.
How It Works
Immediately after purchasing this course, you will receive a pdf by email containing the link to watch all of the course videos. You have unlimited access to these videos.
You are welcome to work with any drawing materials you'd like, but here's a list of everything Paul will be using in this series:
- 3-4 soft drawing pencils (2B and/or 4B)
- Kneaded eraser
- Sketchbook (Paul will be using the 9" x 12" size)
- Pencil sharpener
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.